Monday, November 19, 2007

Trip(s)

Philadelphia: interesting city. abrasive people. everything closes at 7pm (even on Weekends) this has caused me to reevaluate its status as a city. I was especially excited to see all the historical landmarks. Visiting Phili made me extremely appreciative of California. I'm not moving anytime soon.

I just got back from Columbus, Georgia. If you've never heard of it, it's probably because it is a small town in the middle of Nowheresville of very little consequence. Why did I go? Welllll....in 1989 six Jesuit priests were killed along with their house keeper and her daughter. When research was done, it was learned that many of the assassins were trained at the School of Americas at Fort Benning in Columbus, Georgia. This basically pissed off all the Jesuits in America, and by association, the Catholic church. My dad is a former Jesuit, so I went with him to the Teach-in/demonstration. 25,000 payed Columbus a visit for the demonstration this weekend, and I was privileged to see and speak with many interesting people.

Life is good...
:) It's gonna rain soon.

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

Sounds like you have been on many good adventures.

Bring on the rain!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad your life is going good. Your trips sound interesting. Life is going good for me too. Except I'm growing up which is hard. This birthday I will be a teenager.

Anonymous said...

C omunist
A nal
I nteresting
T alkative
I gnorant
L aalalala
N aughty